How to choose an air conditioner system?
The air conditioner market is increasing continuously in London, endowing of the buildings with this kind of devices being of only 18% besides the European Union average of 87%.
In heat wave periods of time the selling of air conditioners rises 15-20 times more than in normal temperature periods which demonstrates the fact that purchasing a device like that is done on an impulse of the moment generated by the unbearable heat of the living or working place.
That is precisely why to be sure that you are purchasing a product suitable for your needs it is better to know earlier what kind of air conditioner you need.
Nowadays, the main criterion for choosing the air conditioner is the price, but the persons interested in buying need to keep in mind some other factors. First of all, the device should have the adequate capacity for the room where it will be assembled.
Choose the air conditioner according to the area of the room
– For a room with an area between 10-25 m² it is recommended a device with the capacity of 9.000 btu;
– For an area between 15-35 m² it is recommended a device with capacity of 12.000 btu;
– For an area between 30-50 m² it is recommended a device with capacity of 18.000 btu;
– For a room with an area between 40-70 m² it is recommended a device with capacity of 24.000 btu.
In other words, in the case of ordinary houses there are recommended the devices with capacity of 9.000 btu for bedrooms (because they have the lowest level of noise) and those of 12.000 btu for living rooms. The high powered, for example those of 18.000 and 24.000 btu because of the very powerful air flow are recommended to be used in rooms with more than 3 m in height. In the case of a room with a large area and with a height with 2,5m it is recommended the usage of more devices with lower capacity instead of using one single device of high capacity. As in the case of the heating systems, when for each room it is assigned a heater, the air conditioners will be assembled in every room that is wanted to be air cooled.
Advice: It is not recommended to use a single high powered device, for example of 18.000 btu, placed in the hall for air cooling the whole apartment because of the following:
– The air flow of a device with the capacity of 18.000 btu is very powerful and when it is placed in a small area with the height under 3m it can be uncomfortable for the residents endangering their health.
– A device with a higher power placed in a small area will lower the temperature of the air very fast to the preset temperature after that it will stop, consequently the cold air will not be pushed by the fan of the device to pass in the other rooms, so it will appear a reversed effect to the expected one.
– Placing the interior part of the air conditioner device on the hall means an addition to the frigorific line, so it also means an additional cost relatively high, causing in the end a waste of money and not at all to a save of money.
If you want the maximum efficiency you can choose the Inverter technology. The base of the Inverter type devices’ working consists in their characteristic to modulate the cooling/heating capacity. At the start of the device the capacity is at maximum to produce a fast decrease in the temperature of the room until the preset temperature and after that the temperature will decrease gradually until the necessary level that will ensure only the maintenance of the preset temperature.
The advantages of a device with Inverter technology are obvious:
– the energy consumption is lower, reduced with approximately 30% than a normal air conditioning device;
– the desired temperature is obtained a lot faster;
– last but not least, the noise level of the internal part of the device is a lot reduced;
– the specific starting and stopping noise of the supercharger is effectively removed;
– the Inverter technology also assures an increased output of the device on the heating function even for outside temperatures of -15 Celsius degrees.
The filter system also has an important role because it retains the dust and the impurities that are present in the room air. All the devices have a dust filter that is not consumed over time and therefore it not necessary to be replaced periodically because it is washable.
The auxiliary filters with stately names aggressively promoted as elements that remove smoke and neutralizes odors from the room are not efficient, most of the users abandoning them after a short usage time. The cigarette smoke, pets and some plats emit in the air some specific substances that once they reach in the internal part of the device they stick to the combs of the heat exchanger and in time the device is going to release odors. The only remedy in this case is the frequent washing of the heat exchanger, a quite complicated operation to accomplish otherwise.
The air conditioning devices ensure an ideal thermic comfort but the doctors recommend the carefully usage of them in the situation in which the user enters and leaves frequently the cooled room. In this case, the temperature of cooled room should be set so as to be no more than 10 Celsius degrees lower than the outside temperature because sudden and frequent temperature changes can cause health problems.
In the case in which the air conditioner is used in the proper way, it can prevent allergies, asthma crises and even respiratory diseases caused by pollution, because of the filters that retain dust, pollen and impurities from the air.
House Refurbishment in London. New Build in London.
Flat Refurbishment in London. New Build in London.
House Extension and Refurbishment in London.
Loft Conversion and Refurbishment in London.
House Renovation and Refurbishment in London.
Office Refurbishment, Shop Refurbishment in London.
Bathroom and Kitchen Refurbishment in London.
Electricians and Plumbers in London. Refurbishment London.
Kitchen Furniture Fitting in London. Cleaning in London.