Gas or electric boiler?
Usually, the boiler is either it on gas or electric and it should be chosen according to several technical factors which consider primarily the energy demand of the house: the area and the volume of the space that should be heated, the number of consumers of hot water, the number of bathrooms and kitchens and the insulation degree of the house.
Comparisons between gas and electric boiler
The price of an electric boiler is almost the same as the one on gas, having about the same thermal input, but, be careful, they are more reliable.
The infrastructure costs are much lower and they are easier to maintain especially since electricity production is much more varied. The sources of methane, besides being intensely disputed these days, they are an exhaustible source of resources.
- Electric boiler
Advantages of electric boiler:
– They are silent and with small dimensions, they have a high output, the afferent heating system is simple, without special elements and they do not require frequent revisions.
– One of the biggest advantages is that the electricity network covers almost all areas of the country.
– They have an output close to 100% -kWh which they consume and all turn into heat, whatever the transfer medium is (water and oil in heaters). One heating system transfers one way or another the same amount of heat towards outside.
– They do not represent an explosion risk, they do not produce emissions, they are environmentally friendly so they can be used even in protected areas from this point of view.
– They do not require combustion air. They do not require a chimney for the evacuation of combustion gases.
– The settings are simple.
– Interestingly is the way to control a electric boiler which is proposed by the manufacturers of this types of boilers. The newest solution is to control the home appliances through an computational system of G.P.S. type. In that way, the decreasing of the electricity bill can be also achieved through an intelligent system installed on the mobile phone. For example, if we forgot an iron plugged in, we can disconnect it from the electricity even if we are outside the house. In addition, we can turn on the boiler or the air conditioner even before reaching home and the washing machine can be also turned on from a mobile phone command.
The disadvantages of electric boiler:
– They have a higher operation cost compared with a gas or wood boiler.
– These boilers are recommended for small areas where heat demand is not high.
– The cost of connecting to the network in certain situations.
– As well, the electric system must be carefully measured and the electrical consumers of the house (including the boiler) must not exceed the maximum power for which the electric system was designed.
– The input of the electricity network should be broad – it is possible that you may need to renew the electrical branching of the house if the installation of such boiler was not well-thought from the beginning (for example, for a boiler of 24 kw you must have an installed electrical power of approximately 25 kw).
- The gas boiler
Advantages of the gas boilers:
– The specialists say that most often the output of these products is higher compared to other boilers and they are suitable for all types of heating systems (underfloor heating, with radiant panel etc.)
– The fuel is still cheap and presents multiple technical solutions: boilers with natural circulation with forced circulation, condensing, with sealed combustion chamber, floor boiler, instant hot water or with boiler.
– They are easy to use and they may be used with automatics leading to fuel savings.
– Among the advantages the relatively compact dimensions are included.
Disadvantages of the gas boilers:
– They are dependent on the gas network. The price paid for gas will increase significantly and subsequently heating costs will be substantial.
– The methane gas is a exhaustible fuel and its extraction is environmentally harmful.
– The price of the heating system (conditioning) is high. Sometimes, the costs to connect (connection) to the gas network can be very large.
– Furthermore, as with all the devices that use gas, the installation of these boilers is done only by approved companies and the installation requires certain conditions and approvals, but also additional security elements.
– They require special installation conditions and like any other gas consumer they need additional security systems (gas detectors).
– After the first years of operation, the gas boiler may become noisy during operation. Those sounds are enough to worry even an advised user.
Before choosing between a gas boiler or an electric boiler you should know that to heat a house with two rooms in winter it need about 300 cubic meters of natural gas per month.
House Refurbishment in London. New Build in London.
Flat Refurbishment in London. New Build in London.
House Extension and Refurbishment in London.
Loft Conversion and Refurbishment in London.
House Renovation and Refurbishment in London.
Office Refurbishment, Shop Refurbishment in London.
Bathroom and Kitchen Refurbishment in London.
Electricians and Plumbers in London. Refurbishment London.
Kitchen Furniture Fitting in London. Cleaning in London.